See specific rules for UFD 3 Hour Marathon class listed below.*
Events are subject to weather. See Weather policy below.
- An annual USA Cycling license is NOW mandatory to race CAT 2 or CAT 3 at USAC-sanctioned races per USA Cycling policy ($10)
- Cash and prize awards will NOT BE MAILED; you must be present on the podium at the awards ceremony to receive them.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bike at UFD events
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel / combine events and prize lists as necessary
- Promoter reserves the right to adjust start times and mileage (check the race page for specifics!)
- Have Fun. This isn’t the World Championships. You’re outside, enjoy it. Help each other. Look out for each other.
- Enjoy life. Get dirty.
- No Whining. No explanation needed.
- * UFD 3 Hour Marathon Rules Clarification:
1. All spare parts and tools shall be carried by the individual racer, to be used only by that racer. Cannibalizing other bikes is not permitted.
2. Riders must finish on the same bike as bike changes are not permitted.
3. Riders may stop racing any time before the 3 Hour limit, but may not re-enter the race once they declare that they have officially finished.
No racer can start a lap after the 3:00 Hour time limit has expired.
4. Order of finish is determined by number of laps completed in the least amount of time.
These rules do not apply to 6/12 hour events.
Our highest priority is the sustainability of the trails. However, check the website or social media prior to the race if the conditions are threatening. If we feel by racing on the trails that we will do damage to them, then we will choose not to race and will post to to many local sites as we can. It is the responsibility of the racer to verify the race is going or not through any of these channels: Stlbiking.com, Facebook or this site. Many promoters will not have the ability to update this site easily on a race day of decision.
CROSS COUNTRY PRIZES
Cat 1/Pro Men: CASH. See payout structure below
Cat 1/Women: CASH. See payout structure below
Singlespeed: Medals or Awards (5 deep), merchandise and/or gift certificates
Cat 2: Medals or Awards (5 deep), merchandise and/or gift certificates
Cat 3: Medals or Awards (5 deep)
Junior : Medals or Awards (5 deep)
Men: Medals (3 deep), merchandise and/or gift certificates
Women: Medals (3 deep), merchandise and/or gift certificates
Cat 1/Pro payout: 1/3 of the field receives 70% minimum.
Cross Country (XC) races are scored according to category (Cat 1, 2, 3, Junior) and class (age). Race length is determined by estimating how many laps can be completed in the following time frames:
CAT 1: Estimated race time: 105-120 minutes
CAT 2: Estimated race time: 75-90+ minutes
CAT 3: Estimated race time: 45-60 minutes
Marathon races are scored by the number of completed laps within a 3 hour time frame.
All races will count towards the overall within each League (Eastern and Western).
Place Points Place Points
1 – 60 17 – 17
2 – 55 18 – 15
3 – 51 19 – 13
4 – 47 20 – 11
5 – 44 21 – 10
6 – 41 22 – 9
7 – 38 23 – 8
8 – 35 24 – 7
9 – 33 25 – 6
10 – 31 26 – 5
11 – 29 27 – 4
12 – 27 28 – 3
13 – 25 29 – 2
14 – 23 30 – 1
15 – 21 31+ 0
16 – 19
USA Cycling Rules
If you have any questions about licenses, upgrading, start procedures, categories, or what signage you should be aware of while on course, visit USA Cycling’s Mountain Bike Rulebook.